Character Database

Keywords

CLOSED Daystar, Near Tumbleface, meets his UNFORTUNATE DEMISE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CLOSED Daystar, Near Tumbleface, meets his UNFORTUNATE DEMISE

Post by Longstorm on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 am

OOC: It's daybreak the day before the day of Their Finest Hour.

IC: So it was daybreak - or just about as daybreak-ish as it could be when it was overcast, dreary and gray and wet. Not that the party in question (though previously unmentioned) cared much about the sky right now. They cared more about the wet reddish rocks under their paws and the scents of clay and pine and dark damp and the pain in their throat and back and the fact that they had recently returned from the dead. The last part was...new. Also, incredibly disorienting.  
Daystar hadn't lost a life before. He'd never lost multiple lives before, either. What number did that put him at? He shook his head; it felt like he had bees in his brain, couldn't think straight with all of their buzzing.
Daystar sighed, wincing at every other step he took. He was supposed to be doing something, he was sure of it. He stopped walking and winced again. He lifted his head and squinted; in the far distance he could just make out the towering hill of what he recognized as AbyssClan territory. Right - he had been there... He turned his head to the right and could see a much green space and recalled that over there, a long ways off, was his home. I didn't always live there, he thought. I lived across the river. Memories of tall pines and maples and oaks flickered in in his mind as he turned his head to squint his eyes between the green and the dark areas, the faces of different Clanmates and a different leader too appearing almost before him.
Daystar closed his eyes against the dim light of the rainy morning - it made his head buzz more. The memories had faded away as soon as they had come. His neck ached, seemed stiff in a strange way.
Did I break my neck before? The realization set in his gut like a stone, bringing down his stomach to the ground and forcing his heart in his throat, frozen mid-beat. Daystar inhaled raggedly, his throat like a rough sand. I need water. He opened his eyes and looked up at the cloudy sky and sighed.

Suddenly, a great crashing sound broke him out of his reverie. Startled and inexplicably panicked, Daystar scrambled back to get away from the noise, wherever it had come from, but slipped on the slick red stones underpaw. Daystar yowled in terror as he lost his footing and pitched sideways onto an incline he hadn't realized was there. Belly getting muddy on the sheer incline, his claws scrabbled for purchase on the wet, sharp stones but they fell out of the sliding reddish mud. He yowled again as he slid back further, and he could feel that not much further below his back paws there was nothing at all - this wretched place was going to swallow him whole! He gritted his teeth and tried to pull himself forward, tried to get his back paws up on the mud so he could climb back out. He screeched in pain while the muddy sharp rocks under his belly scratched his skin as he tried to worm into his side so he could pull a back leg up onto the mud but he slipped again as more stones came out of the incline and fell past him into the dark.
Time slowed down - he didn't know how far the drop was - he could feel his grip slipping into nothing - he was too weak - mud was in his eyes, in his fur, in his mouth - the incline was giving out under him, sliding away.
It happened so easily. Like it was always meant to happen.
Daystar fell with the muddy incline down, down, down, down, down, his screams echoing out of Tumbleface and into the forest of AbyssClan; there they were swallowed up by that dark forest, never to be heard again.

Last edited by Longstorm on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Finishing it up!)

Siggie:
Proud Founder of LS's Group

Click here for Newest Warrior Map!
Spoiler:

Butterflies = To Tribes

Hawk = To Dwellers

Funny Moon = Blood Stones

Half-Moon = Moonfall
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Re: CLOSED Daystar, Near Tumbleface, meets his UNFORTUNATE DEMISE

Post by Longstorm on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:01 am

OOC: note to self: FINISH THIS. DARN IT. BUMP.

EDIT: Finished. Cool

Siggie:
Proud Founder of LS's Group

Click here for Newest Warrior Map!
Spoiler:

Butterflies = To Tribes

Hawk = To Dwellers

Funny Moon = Blood Stones

Half-Moon = Moonfall
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group